Re: Scrollbar Code

From: Jackie McGhee <jackie@jackiemcghee.info>
Date: Fri Sep 12, 2003  11:16:33 PM Europe/London
To: Charles Kendrick <charles@isomorphic.com>
Subject: Re: Scrollbar Code

On Friday, September 12, 2003, at 10:52 PM, Charles Kendrick wrote:

> That's a good point - but that's what "!important" rules in user
> stylesheets are for.

<snip>

I haven't played with browser settings to deeply as I like to keep my
settings in the default state, but if a user clicks a few buttons in
her prefs window does that create the user stylesheet with the
!important rules? If not you are betting on the fact that the user
understands CSS (and to a fair level once we get into !important).

I understand CSS very well and I don't want to have to write my own
style sheet to prevent other people messing with OS widgets.

I can understand your frustration, Charles. We all come up against
these things all the time. I just don't agree with your position.

There are far more important things for CSS to tackle than this.

Jackie