Re: CSS version selectors?

From: Daniel Glazman <danielglazman@easyconnect.fr>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 21:27:35 +0100
To: James Craig <work@cookiecrook.com>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

James Craig wrote:
> Does anyone have any thoughts on CSS version selectors? I don't know
> about this examples' syntax, but I envisioned something that would only
> work if an agent supported a full specification:
> html::css2 #main {
>   color: #fff;
>   background-color: #fff;
>   text-shadow: #000 0px 0px 5px;
> }

The only way, imho, we could have such a feature would be related to
the corresponding Test Suite.

The UA would be responsible of making that condition true or false
if the UA passes or not all the W3C tests related to the property.

Kindof a CSS equivalent to the DOM hasFeature().

The cool thing here is that the CSS error handling applies: if the
property is not implemented at all, it's not recognized at parsing,
and the rule is thrown away. And if :isimplemented() is not itself
implemented, same effect.