Re: CSS version selectors?

From: Daniel Glazman <danielglazman@easyconnect.fr>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 21:27:35 +0100
To: James Craig <work@cookiecrook.com>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

James Craig wrote:

> Does anyone have any thoughts on CSS version selectors? I don't know
> about this examples' syntax, but I envisioned something that would only
> work if an agent supported a full specification:
>
> html::css2 #main {
>   color: #fff;
>   background-color: #fff;
>   text-shadow: #000 0px 0px 5px;
> }

The only way, imho, we could have such a feature would be related to
the corresponding Test Suite.

   :isimplemented(<property>)

The UA would be responsible of making that condition true or false
if the UA passes or not all the W3C tests related to the property.

Kindof a CSS equivalent to the DOM hasFeature().

The cool thing here is that the CSS error handling applies: if the
property is not implemented at all, it's not recognized at parsing,
and the rule is thrown away. And if :isimplemented() is not itself
implemented, same effect.

</Daniel>