Re: CSS 4?

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 22:29:19 +0000 (GMT)
To: www-style@w3.org

> Client side scripting is a so bad idea that client side web services based on
> scripting are going to be the next big thing in our world.

I believe the real money there is for in house systems, where the environment
is controlled.  I can foresee a lot of businesses starting to restrict the
use of scripting in IE's internet zone, leaving only naiive home users
fully open to scripting.

Even then the Microsoft roadshow I went to last week was pushing the use
of more conventional locally installed applications when a "rich" user
interface was desired.  (They called this smart client as against thin
client for the browser based solutions.)