Re: [CSS3] Generated and Replaced Content - Grouping (long, examples)

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 20:25:26 +0000 (UTC)
To: Afternoon <afternoon@uk2.net>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, Afternoon wrote:

> How about something like:
>
> 	dl::sets(start-tag[, end-tag]) {
> 		color:red;
> 	}
>
> [...]
>
> One useful extension would be to allocate a set of tags as set start
> points:
>
> 	dl::sets("h1,h2,h3") { ... }
>
> More parameters could be added to provide more flexibility.

And what about text nodes? Where would they go? And could you select rows
in groups of threes? How about selecting images and the paragraph that
follows them, but only if that paragraph has class caption? And without
selecting anything else in the section?

If you can write an actual spec for this, I would love to see it. And
would probably incorporate it into the CSS3 module. :-)