Re: Alternate stylesheets and the "disabled" DOM property

From: Chris Moschini <cmoschini@myrealbox.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 09:39:27 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org

I'm sorry, a crucial "not" was left out of my original
message; that is:

> If the standard at least suggested what entailed
> maintenance of style and what entailed ditching it, it
> would send UAs down a somewhat consistent path, but
> *NOT* constrain any UA to that pattern alone in case
> they came up with something better

I understand that placing things in the spec can stifle implementers. Therefore I agree the mechanism should not be part of the W3C spec; but having a suggestion that UAs could follow in case they're not otherwise inspired would at least give most implementers a common starting point.

-Chris "SoopahMan" Moschini
http://hiveminds.info/
http://soopahman.com/