Re: [CSS21] block formatting context/floats

From: <staffan.mahlen@comhem.se>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 19:55:51 +0200
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

Hi,
I posted on the block formatting context items in CSS21 a while back,
and while i do understand that it would take a lot of time to answer
every question, i would be very thankful if someone would give me
some hints on the following:

How do nested and adjacent block formatting contexts interact?

My current guess would loosly be something like:

A nested block formatting context by default fits into its containing
block formatting context forcing the size of the container,
overridable by explicit width/height properties on the container. Due
to table model restrictions the override case never occurs when the
container is display: table-cell.

Sibling block formatting contexts are flowed similar to regular
blocks, unless they are both floated or both have display: table-cell
or both have display: inline-block.

Any help much appreciated,
 /Staffan