Re: [css3-syntax] Dash in Values

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 19:30:45 +0200
Cc: <www-style@w3.org>
To: Christoph Päper <christoph.paeper@tu-clausthal.de>

On Nov 27, 2003, at 07:12, Christoph Päper wrote:

> I wonder whether it would be useful to allow or even require user
> agents to
> silently remove possible dashes in keyword values.

I think the subjective gain wouldn't outweigh the confusion that would
be caused by incompatibility with the existing installed base of CSS
parsers. Even if this was changed in CSS3, would you really use it or
would you stick to the forms that work with pre-CSS3 browsers?

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi