[css3-syntax] Dash in Values

From: Christoph Päper <christoph.paeper@tu-clausthal.de>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 06:12:24 +0100
To: <www-style@w3.org>

Hello,

I wonder whether it would be useful to allow or even require user agents to
silently remove possible dashes in keyword values.

This way the current unsatisfactory situation of different naming schemes
could be avoided, e.g. "nowrap" and "pre-wrap" could be written "no-wrap" and
"prewrap" also, however the author prefers. It would further lessen the need
for longcompounds, camelCase or MixedCase¹, like used in the Color module
("mediumvioletred", "currentColor", "ThreeDDarkShadow")--inconsistent in
itself, but for some reason in line with its sources (X11, SVG, CSS1).

Christoph Päper

¹Yes, I know, these are equivalent for the non-human parser.