Re: Cookies and Styles

On Nov 20, 2003, at 01:41, Dris wrote:

> This may be falling to far into the realm of scripting, but what if we
> could specify different styles according to a cookie set on the client
> side?  Something like...
>
> p::ifCookie('bigText') {
> 	font-size: 15px;
> }
>
> Currently, scripting would still need to be applied for setting the
> cookies...  Since the cookies can't be controlled through CSS alone,
> I'm not sure that this would be appropriate.  But it would definitely
> open up some possibilities.  Thoughts?

What use cases would you like to address that aren't better addressed by
  * alternate style sheets with client-side support
    (including selection persistence)
  * not defining small font sizes in the first place
?

(BTW, from my point of view, 15px isn't big text. My pref is 18px.)

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi