Re: Widget Appearance

From: Chris Moschini <cmoschini@myrealbox.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:08:22 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org

Henri Sivonen [hsivonen@iki.fi] wrote:
>> y-scrollbar-arrow-orientation: top || bottom || both;
>> y-scrollbar-tab-proportion: proportional || fixed;
>
> I prefer to keep those settings to my system-wide
> preferences without
> every Web author altering them.

But this is true of many CSS properties. An "auto" value should be available, which sets it to whatever the OS/browser default is. A user setting of auto !important; can get you what you like, while giving authors flexibility in design for users who are happy to see such customizations.

-Chris "SoopahMan" Moschini
http://hiveminds.info/
http://soopahman.com/