Re: author-defined color aliases

From: David Dorward <david@us-lot.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 20:00:47 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org

On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 07:30:16 +0100, Ben Godfrey wrote:
> A similar, more generic proposal was made recently whereby aliases
> could be created for any value. The feeling was that this would add new
> constructs to CSS for little benefit.

HTML doesn't have them either, but people don't complain about that
too much. The solution for CSS is the same as for HTML - generate the
CSS programmatically (I'd use a preprocessor, others might prefer CGI
or another server side process, client side JavaScript might also be a
possibility)

--
David Dorward                                     http://david.us-lot.org/
         Redesign in progress: http://stone.thecoreworlds.net/