saturation, lightness, opacity out of range values

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 13:33:59 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org

The CSS3 Color Candidate Recommendation still does not specify how the
following color specifications should be treated:

color: hsl(0, -20%, 0);
color: hsl(0, 150%, 0);
color: hsl(0, 0, -20%);
color: hsl(0, 0, 150%);
color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 1.5);
color: rgba(0, 0, 0, -0.2);

In other words, the treatment of saturation and lightness values outside
  the 0-100% range and opacity values outside the 0-1 range is not
specified.

Would it be possible to specify behavior for those cases to ensure
interoperability?  Something as simple as the description of
device-gamut clipping for RGB would suffice, if appropriate (I'm not
very familiar with color theory, so I don't know whether it would be).

-Boris