Re: Image maps in CSS (was Re: Ideas for CSS 3.0?)

From: Daniel Steinberger <Daniel.Steinberger@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 14:38:40 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org

> The point, however, isn't the proposal itself, but that I don't think
> this would have the accessibility problems you mention.

yes, i agree. this would make sense and do exactly what CSS was meant
for: seperating style and content.

i know this example of yours was just a rough shot, and i consider my
worries removed, at last the HTML part of it won't change a lot, and now
i wonder how this would affect links given in the document, but not
referenced in the stylesheet. i mean: as i understood, the image should
be added to the div's content (where? at the top? the bottom?) and every
link having an image-map-region property will be replaced by clickable
regions inside the image. what about those links which don't have this?
will they be simple text links below/above the imagemap? hm. while
asking those questions i guess this would make sense. one simply had to
settle on how to do this exactly.

--Daniel