Re: Ideas for CSS 3.0?

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 22:01:59 +0100 (BST)
To: www-style@w3.org

> Certainly _where_ something should be and what _size_ it should be is
> presentational.  Image maps are essentially that with the added ability of

The positions of roads or countries on maps, or even, for that matter,
parts of an assembly, are more than just presentational.

I'd agree that the use of image maps to construct control panels is
presentational, but that went out of fashion a long time ago, because
using a mosaic allows the layout to be visible and navigable (although
often not without prior knowledge!) before the images load.