Re: end of sentence spaces

From: Chris Moschini <cmoschini@myrealbox.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 10:31:10 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org

Thank you very much for the search help provided, fantasai, I hadn't noticed that search box.

Based on the historical discussion in Nov '98, I'd say "sentence-characters" and "sentence-spacing" still don't get past this situation:

I travelled to the U.S. Then I used Fed. Ex. to ship a package to Rome.

None of the recommended implementations could correctly space the above. It may be that the best way to provide sentences that can change spacing is to define every sentence explicitly by wrapping it in some set of tags (perhaps span). This would bloat your HTML terribly, however... .

-Chris "SoopahMan" Moschini
http://hiveminds.info/
http://soopahman.com/