Re: XBL is (mostly) W3C redundant, and CSS is wrong W3C layer for semantic behavior *markup*

From: Shelby Moore <shelby@coolpage.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 12:50:02 -0600
To: www-style@w3.org
Cc: John Lewis <lewi0371@mrs.umn.edu>, David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>

Also note that I think I am the _first_ person to ever provide this
succinct definition of "presentation".  I would like nominate this
definition to normative status, as I think it will help very much clarify
the standards process:

=====
1. Implementation specifications which conform to markup specifications are
conforming and are thus presentation.  Most of CSS is.  Any portions of
implementation specifications will which allow non-conformance to markup
specifications are "non-conforming semantic layer".[1]
======

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2003Jan/0110.html

Can every one agree this is one useful way of defining "presentation"??

-Shelby Moore

Search engine key words: presentation, define, standard, normative, W3C