Re: XBL is (mostly) W3C redundant, and CSS is wrong W3C layer for semantic behavior *markup*

From: Shelby Moore <shelby@coolpage.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 12:35:46 -0600
To: www-style@w3.org
Cc: John Lewis <lewi0371@mrs.umn.edu>, David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>

Essentially I have now formulated two rules by which to do correct W3C
specification.

1. Implementation specifications which conform to markup specifications are
conforming and are thus presentation.  Most of CSS is.  Any portions of
implementation specifications will which allow non-conformance to markup
specifications are "non-conforming semantic layer".

2. Isolate the "non-conforming semantic layer" portions from implementation
specifications, such that they can be separated from conforming portions.

This is was the ENTIRE point of my "CSS is wrong W3C layer for semantic"
portion of my thread.

See the following 2 posts for final answer:

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2003Jan/0104.html

[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2003Jan/0102.html

-Shelby Moore