Re: XBL is (mostly) W3C redundant, and CSS is wrong W3C layer for semantic behavior *markup

From: Shelby Moore <shelby@coolpage.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 12:22:44 -0600
To: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org, John Lewis <lewi0371@mrs.umn.edu>

At 10:12 AM 1/5/2003 -0800, David Hyatt wrote:

[...]
>Events in an XBL binding are attached to the bound element just as the
>other sections of the binding are.   I'm not sure what you mean by
>"non-orthogonal."
>
>>> Note that XBL itself is largely agnostic regarding how it is bound.
>>

>> Cool!  But the <handler> is bound non-orthogonally.
>>

>I don't understand this.  See above.  Why are event handlers any
>different from the other parts of the binding?

Inability to separate...

I will just go straight to the final answer since it supercedes your other
points.

See the following 2 posts for final answer:

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2003Jan/0104.html

[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2003Jan/0102.html

-Shelby Moore