Re: XBL is (mostly) W3C redundant, and CSS is wrong W3C layer for semantic behavior *markup

From: Shelby Moore <shelby@coolpage.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 02:43:25 -0600
To: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

Let me make it more clear that the ability to define implementation of
_NEW_ tags in XBL is the most semantically powerful feature.  And now that
we agree that specification does not completely _control_ semantics,
because implementation does also _control_ semantics[1], thus new tags do
have meaning and thus case of new tags is very important.

I am not talking about W3C specified new tags.  I am referring to all kinds
of new tags that will come from semantic web movement to markup important
custom data in web pages.  Nevermind if you agree this is desireable or
not.  It is going to happen because it will enable a lot of important new
functionality.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2003Jan/0087.html

-Shelby Moore