Re: font sizes

From: Sigurd Lerstad <sigler@bredband.no>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 22:20:03 +0100
To: <www-style@w3.org>

> Realizing the shortcomings of the sample sheet's account, and upon
> studying early CSS implementations with horror, I revisited the subject
> in 1999, and wrote this:
> <http://style.cleverchimp.com/font_size_intervals/altintervals.html>,
> which I think speaks to your remaining questions. The font-size: .75em
> = xx-small = h6 cases [should?] obtain when the base or user size is

Very informative, I will read it more closely later.

> Note that current versions of Explorer correctly map "medium" to the
> default/user size when in "strict" rendering mode (DOCTYPE-sniffed at
> the moment).

This is what I have at the beginning (and is also what www.w3.org has)

<?xml version="1.0" ?>

And I have IE 6 and Opera 7. The default font-size seems to be 'small'. What
am I doing wrong then?

However Netscape 7 seems to be correct.

There's nothing wrong with my test page, the main page of www.w3.org also
behaves wrong in IE and Opera.