Re: Pseudo-elements

Heh, I feel a bit dumb now.  I figured :active was just for links.
Working with browsers that don't support CSS properly has messed up my
perspective.  LoL.  I was thinking though, would it be possible to
apply the same sort of things to keyboard events?  This might be a
little extreme, but maybe...?  It would involve figuring out which
element would get the event, or maybe limit them to a subset of
elements.  I dunno.  Haven't really thought it out, but I thought I'd
just bring it up.

On Thursday, February 20, 2003, at 12:48 AM, Tantek Çelik wrote:

> On 2/19/03 9:33 PM, "Chris Vincent" <dris86@cox.net> wrote:
>

>> I've always thought it might be useful to be able to do
>> pseudo-elements
>> for events other than MouseOver.  For example, you could have
>> MouseDown, MouseUp, etc.
>
> For example, you have :active
>
>> Its functionality would be limited, but could
>> really ease up the JavaScript use on simple interaction.
>
> Very much agreed.
>
>> You could do
>> rollovers and such with a simple change to the background image.
>
> And many folks have.  Just search for CSS rollovers:
>
>  http://www.google.com/search?q=CSS+rollovers
>
>> If
>> :hover can make it into CSS, why not some others?
>
> Agreed, and plenty others have.  See "Selectors", specifically the
> section
> on UI selectors:
>
>  http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-selectors/#UIstates
>

>> "Intel Inside" - The World's Most Common Warning Label
>
> Funny, I thought the world's most common warning label was:
>
>  "Copyright.  All rights reserved."
>
> Tantek

"Clearly, if people use the same word with subtly different meanings,
but they think they mean the same thing, communication is just noise."
  ~ Fëanor from iDevGames.com forum
[ Random Signature #15 ]