Re: Pseudo-elements

On 2/19/03 9:33 PM, "Chris Vincent" <dris86@cox.net> wrote:

> I've always thought it might be useful to be able to do pseudo-elements
> for events other than MouseOver.  For example, you could have
> MouseDown, MouseUp, etc.

For example, you have :active

> Its functionality would be limited, but could
> really ease up the JavaScript use on simple interaction.

Very much agreed.

> You could do
> rollovers and such with a simple change to the background image.

And many folks have.  Just search for CSS rollovers:

 http://www.google.com/search?q=CSS+rollovers

> If
> :hover can make it into CSS, why not some others?

Agreed, and plenty others have.  See "Selectors", specifically the section
on UI selectors:

 http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-selectors/#UIstates

> "Intel Inside" - The World's Most Common Warning Label

Funny, I thought the world's most common warning label was:

 "Copyright.  All rights reserved."

Tantek