Re: Length unit relative to media width

From: GS <junkmail.gs@c2i.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 12:00:58 +0100
To: <www-style@w3.org>
On Wed, Feb 19 2003  Alexander Savenkov wrote:

>>Am I missing something or is the Media Queries [1] spec what you're
>>looking for? Also check the CC/PP page [2].

>>My personal opinion is that the properties like viewport-width and the
>>Media Queries' 'device-height' and the like are harmful for the reasons
>>of accessibility [3]. This is just a guess, though.

>> Links: [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-mediaqueries
>> [2] http://www.w3.org/Mobile/CCPP/
>> [3] http://www.w3.org/WAI/

No, this is something different. I don't want to set up a separate
css for each media and resolution  to use. This mediarequest approach needs heavy resources on the designer side, and will not give the ability to make the look of all possible or impossible screen resolutions display the same "image".

Screen (media) width in pixels is the basis for all visual information display.
Why not let the content be able to rescale automatically according to that?
Why make things more complicated than necessary?

Gaute Sandvik