Re: CSS3: Color

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 04:47:12 -0800 (PST)
To: Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>
Cc: fantasai <fantasai@escape.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Tantek [ISO-8859-1] «elik wrote:

> I am still *for* dropping the CSS3 hyperlink colors.
>
> It appears that fantasai is also for dropping them.
>
> Does anyone else have an opinion either way?

I was one of the original proponents of the hyperlink keywords, but I
retract my request for them, as you have since then convinced me that
simply using user stylesheets is the better solution for prefs, and
'appearance' is the better solution for applications built with CSS.

Note, though, that some properties still depend on prefs for the actual
values of their keywords, for example font-size:medium, and the initial
value of the 'color' and 'font' properties.