Re: class attribute deprecated with <span>?

From: James Craig <james@cookiecrook.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 20:32:37 -0600
To: <www-style@w3.org>

> At 21:02 7-2-03, Chris Lilley wrote:
>> Sso> by O'Reilly. It says that it is deprecated to use style,
>> class and id attributes with the <span> tag.

Which edition is that? I have the 2nd and 4th editions and they say nothing
of the sort. I know that the fifth version was released recently, perhaps in
that one?

Can you give us the exact paragraph text where it says this? I'd be
interested to see if it was an easy typo or just a blatant mistake.

Thanks,
James Craig