Re: Aural Style Sheets

From: Sampo Syreeni <decoy@iki.fi>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 22:25:33 +0200 (EET)
To: Tim Bagot <tsb-w3-style-0005@earth.li>
cc: www-style@w3.org, somnium@freeuk.com

On 2003-02-07, Tim Bagot uttered to www-style@w3.org:

>> You could write one; it really should not be that hard....

Late in on the game... I've tried to fix aural properties on my site, but
I've no idea what it sounds like. In case a CSS aware voice browser can be
downloaded from somewhere, I'd value a link highly. If such beasts are
strictly commercial, and there's someone on-list with the tool, living in
Finland, a private contact would be appreciated. If such tools still do
not exist, I'm seriously wondering why I bothered with Aural. ;)

>AFAIAA, Emacs/W3 isn't (yet) an XHTML browser, so I'd question its
>suitability on that front, but I'm not aware of any other browser with
>any support for aural CSS.

Also, most people would be looking for a Windows app. Does Emacs with W3
work under W95, with sound?
--
Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy - mailto:decoy@iki.fi, tel:+358-50-5756111