Re: [css3] URI selectors

On 9 Dec 2003, at 3:18, Ernest Cline wrote:

> I'll grant that being able to do so would be nice in most cases,
> but any such syntax should require it to be explicitly stated somehow.
> perhaps it would be possible to borrow the prefixes from
> the attribute selectors to enable that sort of specificity somehow.
> If only domains were left to right just as the rest of a URL was,
> it would be very easy.

Yes, using the ^= etc operators would be a good solution, IMHO.

Maybe a syntax kind of like media queries:

	@scope (domain$=yahoo.com) and (path^=/news) {
		/* http://www.yahoo.com/news/article.html and so on match */
	}

Alternatively:

	@scope domain$="yahoo.com" and path^="/news", domain="news.yahoo.com" {
	}

Another:

	@scope url^="http://www.amazon." {
		/* covers all international Amazon sites */
	}

Ben

(q)	Ben Godfrey?
(a)	Web Developer and Designer