Re: [css3] URI selectors

From: Ernest Cline <ernestcline@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 22:18:55 -0500
To: "Afternoon" <afternoon@uk2.net>, www-style@w3.org

There are sites out there with domain setups like:
example.com
foo.example.com
bar.example.com, etc.

so I wouldn't want an @scope rule like:
@scope url("http://example.com") {}

to necessarily work on the other two domains.
I'll grant that being able to do so would be nice in most cases,
but any such syntax should require it to be explicitly stated somehow.
perhaps it would be possible to borrow the prefixes from
the attribute selectors to enable that sort of specificity somehow.
If only domains were left to right just as the rest of a URL was,
it would be very easy.