border property & svg

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 09:21:35 +0100
Cc: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@sidar.org>
To: www-style@w3.org

Why is the border property not (yet) supported in SVG*?
Is there any plan to support it in SVG1.2, or if not when?

We've now developed an SVG version of our portal for people with severe
learning difficulties, in response to suggestions from this list**,
here: http://www.peepo.co.uk  however we've had to develop a rather
lengthy process to mimic border.

in particular it has been commented that stroke requires extra
processing (~double) compared with fill which wont be helpful for PDA
or embedded devices. Yet stroke is an easy way to get a border

we need a border, and it may be one need to be one that uses fill, if
this is an easy method to reduce processing.

thanks

Jonathan
http://www.peepo.co.uk

*http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/propidx.html