Suggestion: 'resolve' property

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 13:11:27 +0200 (MEST)
To: www-style@w3.org

Often using <acronym /> and <abbr /> elements, I wondered (but didn't look
for, so excuse me if this post is redundant or the problem already solved) if
there is any possibility to resolve these elements when printed. I imagine
anything like this (in print rules, but maybe even in screen rules):

   acronym, abbr { resolve: true; }

There would be two possible values (true|false), e.g. using 'false' as
default. -- When printed (or generally displayed), it could be rendered like this:

   HTML (Hypertext Markup Language)
   Captology (Computers as persuasive technologies)

thus displaying the acronym or abbreviation description in brackets. -- Like
I mentioned before, I didn't test current behaviors, but I'd appreciate a
solution like shown above.

Regards,
 Jens Meiert.

--