Re: Suggestion: 'resolve' property

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 13:11:27 +0200 (MEST), Jens Meiert
<jens.meiert@erde3.com> wrote:

> Often using <acronym /> and <abbr /> elements, I wondered
> (but didn't look for, so excuse me if this post is redundant
> or the problem already solved) if there is any possibility
> to resolve these elements when printed.
> I imagine anything like this (in print rules, but maybe
> even in screen rules):
>
> acronym, abbr { resolve: true; }

There is no need for a new rule. the :before and :after
pseudoelements and the content: property already does the job.

Example 1. Content replaced by the value of the title property:

  acronym, abbr {
    content: attr(title);
  }

Example 2. Adds an explanation after the abbreviation/acronym.

  acronym:after {
    content: " (Acronym: " attr(title) ") ";
  }

  abbr:after {
    content: " (Abbreviation: " attr(title) ") ";
  }

--
Arve Bersvendsen

http://www.virtuelvis.com