Re: text-transform:capitalize

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/text.html#caps-prop

said

capitalize
Puts the first character of each word in uppercase. uppercase
Puts all characters of each word in uppercase. lowercase
Puts all characters of each word in lowercase.

shouldn't the capitalize be
"Puts the first character of each word in uppercase (or titlecase if
applicable) and put all the rest into lowercase."

there are really TWO problem here. Once is about the "titlecase". The
other CSS2 does not mention how to deal with the rest of the characters.

Mozilla implement it as the spec- which mean it change the FIRST
characters into upper case, (or title case) but it DOES not change the
rest of them into lowercase since the CSS2 does not say so.

Should we fix it in
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-css3-text-20030226/#caps-prop ?

I attached a test html file. Play it with mozilla, notice in the capitalize

"DZ(Dz(dz(" will be display as "Dz(Dz(dz(" instead of "Dz(dz(dz(" since
it does not change the 2nd characters into lower case.

In other world, "This is a wORld" will be display as "This Is A WORld",
but not "This Is A World" since O and R are not the First characters and
the CSS2 does not say how to deal with the rest of characters in the
case of capitalize

also, enjoy &#0xdf; in Capitalize

We didn't make make the dotless i work for turkish though....