Re: word-spacing property

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 12:47:30 +0000 (GMT)
To: www-style@w3.org

> To meet user expectations, most user agents in most situations should copy
> (and search, and so forth) based on presentation rather than on DOM.

Typical windowing systems copy in multiple formats and, by default, paste
the most appropriate, so I would expect a paste from HTML to plain text to
reflect the rendered formatting, a paste to an HTML composer to reflect
the source document, and a post to a word processor to refelect an appropriat
compromise depending on how well the word processor can represent HTML
structures.