Re: word-spacing property

From: Etan Wexler <ewexler@stickdog.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 02:43:51 -0500
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, www-style@w3.org

Ian Hickson wrote to <www-style@w3.org> on 14 November 2002 in "Re:
word-spacing property"
(<mid:Pine.LNX.4.21.0211141545270.18627-100000@dhalsim.dreamhost.com>):

> white-space-treatment doesn't change the DOM.

I fully agree.  Or, I agree that the 'white-space-treatment' property
*should not* change the DOM, even if certain implementations behave
contrarily.

> Whether copying comes from
> the DOM or the final presentation is left up to the UA.

To meet user expectations, most user agents in most situations should copy
(and search, and so forth) based on presentation rather than on DOM.

--
Etan Wexler <mailto:ewexler@stickdog.com>