Re: word-spacing property

From: Etan Wexler <ewexler@stickdog.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 04:02:06 -0500
To: "Michel Suignard" <michelsu@microsoft.com>, www-style@w3.org

Michel Suignard wrote to <www-style@w3.org> on 12 November 2002 in "Re:
word-spacing property" (<mid:200211120046.33516.michelsu@microsoft.com>):

> How is word-spacing="none" different from
> white-space-treatment="ignore", and is the value
> of word-spacing needed?

The 'white-space-treatment' property has license to change the characters
underlying a presentation.  The 'word-spacing' property has license only to
change the presentation, as in the glyphs and metrics used.  If I have an
element with "word-spacing: none" and I perform a copy operation and then
paste, I better get the spaces with the rest of the text.

--
Etan Wexler <mailto:ewexler@stickdog.com>