Re: Design-Oriented Images

From: Etan Wexler <ewexler@stickdog.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 03:59:55 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org

Chris Vincent wrote to <www-style@w3.org> on 10 November 2002 in
"Design-Oriented Images"
(<mid:85F3210A-F532-11D6-ACD1-000393167510@cox.net>):

> I think that there should be a better way to specify design-oriented
>images.
> How it would be done, I really don't know.

For simple cases, I suggest ':before' and ':after'.  For more complex
cases, it seems to me that XSLT is a ready and willing technology quite fit
for transforming lean structural markup into a tree more suitable for
presentation to the end-user.  I don't think that CSS should duplicate that
functionality.

--
Etan Wexler <mailto:ewexler@stickdog.com>