Re: Design-Oriented Images

From: (wrong string) äper <christoph.paeper@tu-clausthal.de>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 13:50:06 +0100
To: <www-style@w3.org>
Cc: "Chris Vincent" <dris86@cox.net>

Chris Vincent <dris86@cox.net>:

> However, sometimes images are part of the page's design,
> and putting them in the HTML would not be appropriate.
> I think that there should be a better way to specify
> design-oriented images.

The current draft for CSS3 Module: Borders

<http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-css3-border-20021107/#the-border-image-uri>

includes the possibility to assign images to borders and even corners, that,
once supported, should help a lot to clean up common pages. Note that
there's (still) no way to assign multiple background images to a single
element in CSS3 Module: Backgrounds

<http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-css3-background-20020802/>.

Christoph Päper