Re: Text Properties

On Sunday 2002-11-10 18:19 -0800, Xaxio Brandish wrote:
> This is my first e-mail to the mailing list, and a test e-mail as well
> as a comment about the text/font areas of style sheets.

This post is somewhat off-topic for this mailing list.  See the second
paragraph of http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/ for why, and
for other resources.

(The lines in your message were also wrapped at a very long line length.
I rewrapped them to a reasonable length.)

> Is there some way to specify a superscript or a subscript with style
> sheets?  I know that there are tags for this in HTML, but that doesn't
> seem right -- after all, they are styles being applied to text, no?

The 'vertical-align' property takes values 'sub' and 'super'.  See
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/visudet.html#propdef-vertical-align .

-David

--
L. David Baron        <URL: http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~dbaron/ >