Re: Macros for CSS

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 06:45:37 +0000 (GMT)
To: www-style@w3.org

> The recent discussion of multi-property declarations [1] prompted some
> thought on a generalized macro scheme for property values.

Macros were proposed a few weeks ago.  My arguments against them is that
they destroy the relative simplicity of CSS and heavy use tends to suggest
that the styling is capricious, i.e. it does not reflect the structure, which
breaks the traditional design rule to use a minimum number of styles and
use them consistently.