Re: Last call comments on CSS3 module: color

At 06:55 PM 5/22/2002 +0100, Ian Hickson wrote:
>Ann Navarro wrote:
>>If you're saying the CSS working group has left it's documents in the
>>control of 2-3 companies who only desire to codify their current (at
>>times questionable) practices  [...].
>
>No, I'm saying that the CSS working group editors are mainly from 2-3
>companies.  (Supported by many invited experts, W3C staff, and
>contributors from member companies, of course.)

You've missed my point.

Your saying that inclusion of this color set is necessary to codify
existing practices, then that means that 2-3 companies (browser vendors)
are controlling the content of your specs since they are the ones with
"existing practices".

Not all existing practices are a good thing to codify, I can think of quite
a few non-standard items that were adopted by web authors that were not
appropriate for inclusion in the Recommendations. Use of such features by
the public who generally just copies things they've seen elsewhere is not
evidence of demand nor good practice.

Ann