Re: Color module comments (WD-css3-color-20020418)

From: Etan Wexler <ewexler@stickdog.com>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 06:01:10 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
David Baron wrote:

> One reason that the computed value should be the keyword itself is that
> on some systems, system "colors" aren't really as simple as colors [...]

Now this makes sense.  Clearly, something that is more complex than
an RGB triplet cannot compute to an RGB triplet.  I strongly recommend
an addition to the note in the prose to explain that system keywords may
correspond to something more than a single color.

> (I think the UI module is an area where we want innovation [...])

I am missing the connection to the discussion of the Color module.

--
Etan Wexler <mailto:ewexler@stickdog.com>