Re: CSS3 - Define Language

Hi Jens,

Thank you for your reaction

But what do you mean with content??

I am seperating structure from presentation and em is a structural
element in a site. Content is everything I see in a screen and style is
in my eyes the formatting of elements  with CSS..
Perhaps you never looked what are structural elements and what are
presentational elements  These presentational elements  I will never use
as element but format with css  as a property of a structural
elementclass ..
http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xhtml1-20000126/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd

<!ENTITY % fontstyle "tt | i | b | big | small">

<!ENTITY % phrase "em | strong | dfn | code | q | sub | sup |
                   samp | kbd | var | cite | abbr | acronym">

You mean to code the sentence like this..but many older browsers don't
recognise the <q> so why not  only use &quot;? to prevent some new
browser show ""blabla..""

<cite>I</cite> asked my french friend <em xml:lang
title="french">&quot;Comment ça va?&quot;</em>

When you use quot, you should often have a citationsource that also must
be marked up?

Title gives the advantage of a tooltip that is  showing the language of
the elementcontent , so somebody who don't know what the foreign words
are meaning, can look into the correct dictionary..

Cheers
Ineke