From: Daniel Brooks
Subject: small selector syntax addition

I'd like to propose an addition to the selector syntax that I feel
would be very useful. I have a feeling that the same effect could be
accomplished with the all-powerful :matches selector, but I'm not sure.

What I'd like to be able to do is match an element not at the end of
the chain, but without a lot of mess. Using parenthesis seems like the
easiest way to go about it:

#menu (li) > a[href] { /* match an li inside the #menu that has an
anchor with an href as a child */ }

Leaving out the parenthesis would naturally be the same as putting them
around the last element in the chain.

db48x