Re: Hanging indent

From: Rijk van Geijtenbeek <rijk@iname.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 16:48:48 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org

Hello Robert,

On Thursday, June 06, 2002 you wrote:
[..]

>   p {margin-left: 1em; text-indent: -1em;}

> Is there a reason you specify padding rather than margin, or are both
> just as effective?  If one is preferable I'd recommend explaining that
> in the specs, and if both are OK I'd recommend noting that also.

> Neither seems to work with Opera at present, alas.

That's caused by a bug. Text-indent and margin/padding don't work
together very well in Opera 4 to 6. That's no reason to prefer the
introduction of a new property of course as that also will not be
supported in Opera 4 to 6 :)

Greetings,
 Rijk                            mailto:rijk@iname.com

Mot du Jour:
Breathing may be hazardous to your health.