RE: Cyrillic List Styles

From: Zoltan Hawryluk <zhawryluk@corp.attcanada.ca>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:20:14 -0400 (EDT)
To: "'Daniel Yacob'" <locales@geez.org>, "'www-style@w3.org'" <www-style@w3.org>
Cc: "'zoltan@attcanada.ca'" <zoltan@attcanada.ca>

Hey all

I am familiar with both the Russian and Ukrainian languages.  The Russian
one looked correct, but when I was learning Ukrainian, I was taught the
order of the last few letters of the alphabet as being:

? -- yoo
? -- ya
? -- (myakiy znak, or soft sign)

however, you have your list as:

? -- (myakiy znak, or soft sign)
? -- yoo
? -- ya

(please forgive me in advance if the above glyphs don't show up in a mail
reader correctly .. I don't know enough about how this mail client works to
be sure the glyphs show up, hence the transliterations next to them).

Is this supposed to be in this order?  Granted, I know there have been some
changes to the Ukrainian language during the Soviet Occupation, but I didn't
think the order of the alphabet was different.

Zoltan.

------
Zoltan Hawryluk, ZH13, ncc0026
WebMaster, AT&T Canada IES
PGP Public Key: http://members.attcanada.ca/~zoltan/pgp/work.txt
"Listening is being able to be changed by the other person."