Re: css layout should be symmetrical

From: Jesse McCarthy <mccarthy36@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:40:16 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org
Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote on 2/20/02 10:10:09 AM:
>No. The special properties were added so that table-like grid layout could
>be done in CSS for _any_ markup language, including HTML and XHTML.
>
>> Some people assumed that 'table-cell', 'table-row', etc. should be used
>> for HTML and XHTML as well.
>> To my best understandimng, this is wrong.
>> Tables in CSS should be used only with XML!
>
>That is incorrect. I am curious as to what gave you that impression?

Ian, for future reference: you will look less foolish if you don't mention
that you are an "Invited Expert" when posting something like this, or better
yet if you don't post something like it at all.  Several people have already
explained this to you, something you would have known in the first place if
you were an expert.