Re[4]: Browser support for downloadable fonts in CSS

On Thursday, February 07, 2002, 12:39:18 AM, Jan wrote:

JRE> On Wed, 6 Feb 2002 12:55:33 -0800, you wrote:

JRE> [I need to add; gosh Chris, can't you get into tune on how to use a
JRE> mailing list? Your headers are longer than your input, _and_ your
JRE> input breaks references with a swung of it. correct threading of
JRE> messages becomes impossible from you]

Which Chris? There are two on this thread, as you yourself point out a
little further on.

>>Chris Lilley [mailto:chris@w3.org] asked:

>>>yes. What version did that get added to Mac IE? Does PocketPC IE
>>support any of that?

JRE> Even all of you "damned" Americans shall know that you are not talking
JRE> to your self in your own dialects here,

Nice commentary. No clue what it means, though. I agree that not
everyone in this thread is American.... and your point was?

JRE> "the world" is listening in
JRE> too, and I for one find it extremely difficult to sort out "who is
JRE> actually asking who" a question up here.

Thats why I rather like the quoting feature in my new mailer, which
puts explicit attribution in the quotes.

JRE> Maybe a correct setup of mailing software would be in order?

Fr some definition of correct, which i am sure you are about to point
me to.

>>I'm fairly certain Pocket IE does not support downloadable fonts.  I
>>know it was in MacIE as of 5.0 - don't know when it was added.

JRE> So you have left your job as head of MS Browsers then?

Chris Wilson was never head of the Mac IE team as far as I am aware,
nor of the browser on WebTV. I thought it was worth a shot asking him
about PocketPC, since that is a Windows-related codebase.

>>>but not using CSS2 WebFont syntax

JRE> Here it is again, "who says what" ?

CW says the bits starting CW>

Chris Wilsons mailer does not add prefixes to quotes, neither does Jan
Roland Eriksson's, so you have to count ">" characters for the other stuff.

>>Hmm.  I thought they eventually added that, but I guess I'm mistaken.

JRE> I'm not surprised (about you being mistaken, that is),
JRE> by a reason or two...

Jan, I don't see anything in Chris Wilsons mail that you would get
upset about.