Re: Suggestion to add "spacing between sentences" to CSS3 Line WD

From: Shelby Moore <shelby@coolpage.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 16:35:37 -0600
To: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

>> Define "sentence".
>
>What he is saying is that CSS is not just for English, or western European
>languages, so you can't add rules for such languages without generalising them
>to all languages.

I already wrote, "Obviously your point must be that 'sentence' will be
different in different languages, but so are many other things in CSS."

I speak some Malay languages, and afaik all languages have the concept of a
sentence.

I was just suggesting that it would be better to have intER-sentence
spacing style than have a bunch of web pages with double &nbsp; between
sentences.  If you feel some obscure Martian language is more important
than that, then I yield to your "expert" priorities.

-Shelby Moore