Re: Float overflowing behavior

Hello C.Bottelier,

On Wednesday, August 14, 2002 you wrote:

> The release of the CSS2.1 WD may already give user agent
> manufacturers the idea that if they find implementing
> the CSS specification too hard (or too much work) they
> just don't implement it because then after some time their
> problem will go away by it self. Why implement CSS3? If we
> wait awhile those new things will be dropped, problem solved!

Actually CSS2 was a *very* large spec, so incomplete implementations
are no wonder. That was no excuse for buggy implementations of course.
Two changes in should hopefully make things better:

1. CSS3 is divided in more manageable modules

2. The new 'CR' status (Candidate Recommendation) is meant to ensure
that only realistic specs attain 'Recommendation' status. Only when
two implementations exist, can a CR become a R.

I really hope the W3C will manage to produce test suites for every
CSS3 CR it puts out, as otherwise the second point will offer less
benifit.

Greetings,
 Rijk                            mailto:rijk@iname.com

Mot du Jour:
Lesser artists borrow. Great artists steal.