Re: Why is the style tag restricted to the head?

From: Svend Tofte <svendtofte@svendtofte.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 20:17:52 +0200
To: <www-style@w3.org>
Cc: "Joshua Prowse" <prowsej@fastmail.fm>

> I for one have decided to participate in the XHTML2 definition process
> (constructively this time, you will all be amazed with what I can do
> when I put that side of me to it :) and one of my first suggestions
> will be to eliminate the STYLE element all together from the specs.

I would hate to see it go. One thing I like about some html, is that you can
make it standalone. Being able to define style and content in a single
document, and still seperating the two, is great. Consider, that the style
is still seperate from the content, though not file wise, it is DOM wise.
Need we really make the actual disction, of different files? I dont see the
need, and I certainly dont think the style tags, included cleanly in the
head tag "pollutes" anything at all.

Regards,
Svend Tofte